Every Car Battery Replacement Service Includes
Removal and recycle of old car battery
Cleaning of battery tray and cable terminal ends
Memory saver device to maintain electronic component settings
Pep Boys Professional Car Battery Installation Service
Pep Boys’ car battery installation service is performed by technicians trained to service all types of vehicles – from a simple installation to navigating complex starting and charging systems. Our new car batteries are made by the industry’s most reliable brands and our technicians go farther to help you go further.
- Bosch car batteries – beginning at $116.99
- Designed with corrosion-resistant structure
- Meets or exceeds original equipment specifications
- Includes 3-year free replacement and emergency jumpstart guarantee
- Bosch AGM car batteries – beginning at $118.99
- Absorbed glass mat technology delivers longer battery life
- Backed by 4-year free replacement warranty
- Includes 3-year emergency jumpstart guarantee
- Champion car batteries – beginning at $117.99
- Backed by 30-month free replacement warranty
- Optimized for consistent power for life of battery
- Built to stay strong in extreme temperatures
- Champion AGM car batteries – beginning at $139.99
- Positive and negative grids minimize corrosion
- Long-lasting performance even under demanding applications
- Designed to recharge quickly after powering vehicle electrical systems
- Optima car batteries – beginning at $232.99
- Limited 3-year free replacement warranty
- Highly resistant to failure from vibration
- Tolerates repeated deep discharges and provides long overall service life
Make an Appointment
with Battery Purchase
for most vehicles
Add-On Car Battery Services
Pep Boys Car Battery Protection Service
The Pep Boys Car Battery Protection Service helps keep your newly installed car battery corrosion free throughout every season.
- Chemical cleaning of car battery cable connectors
- Installation of acid-neutralizing felt terminal post washers
- Application of anti-corrosion sealant to car battery terminals
$9.99Make an Appointment
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
On average, a car battery remains reliable for about three years. There are few factors that can lead to shorter battery lifespan. Things like taking an excessive amount of short drives, extreme temperatures of over 100 degrees Fahrenheit or below 10 degrees Fahrenheit and loose or corroded battery cables will drain your vehicles battery. . If your vehicle’s battery is three or more years old, have your car battery tested to determine whether it’s time to replace. We recommend being proactive, so you’re not left stranded.
The Pep Boys Car Battery Protection Service is designed as a preventative countermeasure to remove corrosion on your battery cables and terminals when you install a new battery. Corrosion makes a car battery less efficient and can lead to a no start.
Corrosion on the negative terminal is typically the result of your car battery undercharging. Finding corrosion on the positive terminal is likely due to hydrogen gas produced by the acid in the car battery. The acid mixes with other atmospheric elements under the hood of your car, truck, or SUV and produces the corrosion.
Yes, in many cases. Schedule an appointment a Pep Boys near you to have your car battery terminals cleaned.
1Battery Installation charges $14.99 with a battery purchase for most vehicles excluding the following:
a. High Voltage primary batteries in electric & hybrid vehicles
b. Batteries that require installation time longer than 30 minutesBatteries that require installation time longer than 30 minutes will accrue a $10 charge per tenth of an hour required.
c. Vehicles that require that the battery be electronically reset to the vehicle computerSome batteries may not be offered for some vehicles
A shop supply fee will be an additional charge (except in NY & CA) of 9.99% up to $35.00. Each individual work order will identify and apply any applicable shop supply charge.